Thursday, December 22, 2005

Goddamn Pop Tarts

I guess I got what I deserved, since I'm 28 and still eating kids' foods like Pop Tarts. I made a PT in the toaster this morning, set it on low since they cook very fast, and lo and behold - I got a fucking blister on TWO fingers when attempting to remove the said pastry vessel from the toaster. Apparently, some of the delightful strawberry filling can secretly ooze out of the bottom of the PT and burn the shit out of your fingers. 30 minutes later, fingers are still stinging, but mmmmm - love those pop tarts. Other childish foods I (and my husband) still indulge in: (yes, I'm trying to get really fat before the new year so I can vow to lose more weight for a resolution)

1) Lucky Charms (these colored marshmallows can mess with your bodily functions big time)
2) Brownies - baked from the box
3) Fruit by the foot - I only get these about 3x a year; you mean it's not part of the fruit food group? My bad.
4) Super pretzels - 4 minutes in the oven; such an easy snack

I guess the good news is after being married about 1 1/2 years ago and hitting my all-time lowest weight since I can remember, I weigh only 5 pounds (ok, 6. well really 7 but that depends on the time of day) more than I did then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

My mom and I spent a year trying every brownie recipe in the world that we could find, only to eventually conclude that no one will ever beat Duncan Hines.