Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Blogging jury duty

Well, I made it past my 29th birthday and had never been summoned for jury duty until now. I postponed my service until now because before it was smack in the middle of moving. Of course, the post office lost my second form I was to receive with my new date, and so I had to show up at the courthouse at 8am to get a new form. That was the bad news. The good news is there are 6 stations inside the 'waiting' room for laptop computers, and yours truly was here early enough to land one. I think there are more stations outside but I'm parked right by the window (complete with cool breeze) but also next to the men's room. The desk is a little high but the chairs are pretty comfortable, so I'm sure my carpal tunnel-like symptoms will emerge once again by the time I'm done serving.

I'll add updates throughout the day if there's anything exciting, yet I somehow have psychic powers today and know there won't be much to report!

10AM update: still no names called yet. They put everyone's tickets into a hopper and that's how we get chosen. I'm so glad I got this workstation and am not cramped next to everyone in the main section of the room. This breeze by the window is a blessing: they asked if anyone was warm and about 10 people on the other side of the room raised their hands. Suckers. Isn't this the most boring entry ever?

No comments: