Thursday, March 03, 2005

Celebrity Singer?

My Dad is throwing a 50th surprise party for his wife this spring, and she's not a fan of surprises... at least that's what I gather. Now the whole world will know how old she is, and for the longest time she seemed to keep it a pretty good secret. So - my a cappella group has decided to perform for all these upcoming gigs: bridal shower, birthday party, anniversary party, and we could use the money for our CD. So I asked my Dad if he wanted us to sing for her party.

Shocking reply: "Actually, I hopefully have a celebrity musician coming, I'm not 100% sure yet but it looks like it's happening." Me - the musician in the family, is dying to know who - and my OWN father won't tell me. He said "oh no I want it to be a surprise for everyone."

He's shelling out WAAAAY more than what my group would charge, I'm sure ;)

No comments: