Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Rockstar: INXS

I'd normally be completely against a show like CBS's new reality show, Rockstar, which is the search to find a new lead singer for INXS after the death of Michael Hutchence in 1997. It's fine to want a new lead singer, but for a rock band so well-known by the sound and talent of their lead singer (U2, Smashing Pumpkins, Coldplay, etc), please change your name or change something so you don't offend fans thinking "they're trying to replace Michael Hutchence".

BUT - I am totally sucked into this show because an old friend of mine from high school who also happened to be my prom date is one of the finalists. I've written about him before, will probably write about him again, but am totally psyched to know that he's on the show and getting national exposure. In his video he even talks about "taking up music when he was 16" which was at the peak of our friendship. I'm sure he'll dedicate his first Grammy to me (HAHA). Guess who he is - pick him out, and leave a comment on my blog. I know you're out there. I know at least 5 of you read my blog and never comment.

No comments: