Tuesday, July 05, 2005

When's the next meal in Chicago?

Dave and I just came back from a weekend in Chicago to visit my college friends, Brett, Adrienne, Olga and Nick. We had spectacular weather the entire weekend until we departed from our gate at O'Hare yesterday. That resulted in a 2-hour delay on the tarmac. Scared-to-fly-me did surprisingly well, even with no medication. While in Chicago, we made no plans other than meals. A great Italian restaurant on Saturday night, the fatteningly-famous Original Pancake House, where everyone made fun of me for ordering 5 tiny silver-dollar pancakes, a BBQ at Brett/Ade's place on Sunday night, brunch at Tempo, a quick stop at The Taste Of Chicago, then crusty airplane snacks to top it off on the way home. We had no other plans. We didn't go sight-seeing, catch a Cubs game, or see my alma mater. It was food, friends, food, friends, food friends. And I wouldn't have changed a thing, other than moving some of my greatest friends closer to us.

No comments: