Tuesday, February 15, 2005

A Cappella

I have a healthy obsession with contemporary a cappella. I just got the unmixed files for my group's recording that we did in January, and I am SO excited to hear the tracks. Even with no mixing, we're pretty damn good, and it's a great feeling to lead the group and hear the product of my efforts. Ok - a little self-absorbed, it's everyone's effort because everyone sings, but who teaches it?

Can't wait to work on this album, and I get to record my vocal percussion separately since I was too sick to do it the weekend we recorded. Big bonus. Ed - our engineer - said that we will record it differently from how I'd sing it live, because we'll lay down each instrument (bass, high hat, snare, etc) and it will rock out. Hee hee - I'll actually sound like I know what I'm doing with VP instead of sounding like I'm just spitting on myself.

No comments: