Thursday, June 30, 2005

Wicked Good

Saw "Wicked" yesterday for the 3PM matinee. 3rd row mezzanine, slight partial obstruction view (didn't say it on the ticket, dammit) and had a great time doing a first - hitting up a Broadway show by myself. Saw David Ayers (guy I went to college with, had some classes with him but didn't really know him) play the male lead, Fiyero... and I gotta say, he was good but not great. At least he's made a career for himself: in college if I had to guess which of my classmates would've been starring on Broadway, he'd be one of the 5 I would've picked.

Sent bad karma to a total asshole on the bus today. Got on the M72 with most seats taken except a few in the back and one double seat. A guy was sitting on the outside seat with the inside being open. I stood there, long enough for him to know that I wanted to sit, and politely said "excuse me". He didn't break from his cell phone conversation. 5 seconds pass, so I said "excuse me" again and tried to gently nudge to sit. He looks up from his phone and YELLS (literally) "Just a minute!". Apparently he can't do two things at once: talk on a phone and shift his weight sideways so I can get by him. Must've been on an important business call, so I YELLED back (right in the direction of the mouthpiece on the phone, "What an asshole, I just wanted to sit". Got lots of smiles and chuckles from fellow bus friends. :)

No comments: