Sunday, November 26, 2006

Who do I write for?

I started this blog about 2 years ago with the intention of writing completely anonymously: no real first name, no family member names, no way to figure out who I am unless you are REALLY bored and want to piece together 2 years of entries. I told lots of friends and ex-friends about it (yeah I'm lame I think I really do have 1-2 "ex" friends out there) and for the most part, they're the ones that read this crap I ramble about. Then there are the 3-4 strangers who read it who are some of my favorite readers.

I ask myself: who do I write this for? If I want to write about health-related issues, I'd say there are about 70% of my readers I'd be fine with them reading it. What if I want to write about girly stuff like that time of month - my guy friends who read this will really be OH so thrilled to have that kind of insight about me. What if I want to talk about a random fight with my husband - is he going to hate me for publishing that despite my anonymity (D - you know you'd be annoyed)?

Maybe I should move my blog, tell those that I'd have no filter with where it is --- and move on. Or better yet, I guess I need 'shared' and 'private' entries like they do on Livejournal, where you need approval to read the blog. Dear lord I'm bored on a Sunday night to even waste space writing about this bullshit. I guess it's better than a lame "Dear diary here is what I did today" entry.

So without any filter whatsoever, here are random thoughts of things I'd normally never say on my blog:
1) This week has been the never-ending god awful period, complete with stomach pains galore.
2) I have taken medication before just to fall asleep, knowing very well that the medication is not meant for that (like popping a Nyquil when you're healthy, only a stronger pill).
3) D and I have hung 5 shelves in the last 6 months in our apartment. Each one takes about 60-90 minutes. Each time we've hung them we've gotten into some kind of argument where one of us has to say "don't interrupt me" or "why are you raising your voice?"
4) I am going to therapy again once a week. I might not write what it's for, but I have to wear tape on my thumbs whenever I am alone. (No - I don't have Nintendo thumb or Blackberry thumb or anything like that).

No comments: