Monday, November 13, 2006

Hotel sundries

I have an unhealthy obsession with hotel bathroom sundries. Lotions, shampoos, conditioners, soaps, sewing kits, perfumes, shower caps and anything of the bathroom variety - I love them. I am blessed with two bathrooms in my apartment - one is for my husband and I, one for guests - and the one for guests also serves as a storage room for this addiction. Taking a quick inventory, I have:

- 16 small bottles of shampoo
- 12 small bottles of conditioner
- 15 flat packets of perfume (picture a ketchup packet with perfume inside)
- 6 bars of oatmeal soap
- 4 bars of green vegetable soap
- 12 bottles of lotion

I take them because I feel like I'm entitled to them, and I love free stuff. I also take them to spice up my normal bathing routine with new scents, and also to make family and friends feel extra special that they have my stolen hotel sundries to use whenever they want.

I took this addiction to a new low last weekend. D's (my hubby) parents were in town, staying at the W Hotel. We visited them on the morning of their departure, and lo and behold - a housekeeping cart was parked directly in front of their room, with no housekeeper nor sound of vacuums in sight. I made my move: I grabbed 4 Bliss lotions, shampoos and conditioners. (Bliss is a spa in NYC and many other urban centers, and their stuff ain't cheap). After dwelling in their hotel room for about 20 minutes, I realized that the remaining lotions, shampoos, and conditioners were STILL in the hallway, begging for a home. I took 3 more of each, chucked 'em in a hotel laundry bag, and walked my happy ass out of the hotel.

This was a week ago. I'm still beaming ear-to-ear. I'm crazy.

No comments: